Thursday, November 02, 2006

Holidays...

I'm more than a little sad about the upcoming holidays. Thanksgiving to be specific, is giving me the most trouble. I can't seem to let go of the fact that I would have been 31 weeks pregnant this Turkey Day and with my boyfriend and his family for my favorite holiday of them all. Instead, due to the major betrayal of my stupid body, I am not pregnant. 31 weeks or otherwise. And I have not been invited to spend the holiday with my boyfriend. And I have hinted. His response to my hinting was to try and name every one of my friends he could think of who might take pity on me here in so cal or even friends in the bay area who I could possibily stay with. Not once did he say "Hey, you should be with me and my family" and that really hurts. I was expecting at least an offer or an excuse as to why being with him wasn't an option but I got nothing. And that makes me sad. We have been dating for 11 months as of Nov. 10th. Which means that as of Dec. 10th, it will have been a year. Yes, part of that year was long distance but since neither of us was dating anyone else, I say that time still counts. But after a year (or almost a year) don't you invite your girlfriend to come home with you for Thanksgiving? Especially when she's already told you that she depressed at the thought of being alone for the holiday...

I don't know anymore.

No comments: