Thursday, December 06, 2007
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
5. When you say, "I'm sorry ," look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
16. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
17. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
19. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
21. Spend some time alone.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Things YOU Love:(since people aren't things) cameras, being driven around, thunder storms.
Song you love: since it's Christmas... Mary Did You Know?
Food you love: sushi, mac&cheese, fried chicken, french fries!, salad, brie
Thing you love to look at: Brian's eyes, a beautiful sunset, interesting doors, the ocean when the waves are big
Sound you love: waves crashing on the shore, thunder, the sound of the door opening when my boy comes home at night
Thing you love to laugh at: Brian, Family Guy, Amanda, my nutty friends, my sisters, my mom
Gadget you love: my iPod
Person you love: Brian, Amanda, my family, my friends...
Software you love: firefox!
Word you love: ostensibly
Thing you love on the internet: TK
Place you love to go on vacation: I think I would love Europe and Hawaii and Asia and Oz and everywhere
Sensation you love: drifting off to sleep
Animal you love: puppies
Book you love: The Count of Monte Cristo
Emotion you love: excitement, passion, comfort
Occasion you love: Birthdays!
Quality you love in people: compassion, honesty, positivity
Thing you most love to shop for: Kitchen stuff (when money is no object)
What you love about today: That it's no longer Monday. ;)
Now you try it... I think you'll like it :)
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
My family. The love my family feels for me and I for them is constant. It's steady. There's no guessing and there's no worry or wonder about it. They love me. They love me everyday. All the time. No matter what. Even when they don't like me very much, they love me always. And I love them always. It's sort of amazing that it works that way if you think about it. I know so many people who can't stand, let alone love, their family and it makes me realize how blessed I am to have 4 best friends in my brothers and sisters. I have a mom and dad and grandmothers who really do love me, too. And best of all I have a daughter who I adore and who adores me. That's love.
My friends. What a funny group of friends I have. Women mostly who are all different and wonderful and funny and caring. Some I'm closer with than others but they all love me. It's a good thing and a true blessing to have so many wonderful, caring women (and men) in my life. They love me for who I am and what I bring to the table in my own quirky little way. They love me for making them laugh and letting them cry. They love me for saying what no one else will say to them. They love me for being willing to be stupid with them and act silly with them and for being dorky about the same things with them. That's love.
Brian. There are a million things I think I could say about how Brian loves me and I love him. He's my best.friend. He's the person who laughs at me when I make "the pouty face". He's the person who will SQUEEZE my head when it feels like it's going to crack open like an egg if he doesn't hold it together for me. He's the person who I tell everything to. He makes me laugh. Everyday. I've never know anyone who could make me laugh everyday. Even when I've been at my worst, my most pathetic, my deepest sorrows, he finds a way and he makes me laugh. And I make him laugh. And I hold him when he cries. That's love.
In a world of resume dating and tell me 10 things about yourself that someone should know to fall in love with you dating I am blessed to have found him. I don't think my wicked ability to flirt or the fact that I read several good books a year or can play a mean game of taboo are what really matters. I think what matters is the way I scratch his back at the end of the day or they way I cram all his stuff in my already full purse or the way I hold him when he has a nightmare. It's the little things. It's the way we finish each others sentences. It's the way he takes my hand in his. It's the way I feel when I look into his pretty green eyes. It's a million tiny things that make up the day, the weeks, the months and the years.
Monday, November 26, 2007
You can bank on it.
Happy, happy Monday -
PS: You have so much more to look forward to, Gail, than you can now possibly imagine... just keep moving.
(Notes from the Universe)
Thursday, November 15, 2007
1. Park badly
2. Cut you off
3. Leave the house in clothes that don't fit
4. Talk on the phone in line at the store
5. Call you back without listening to your message
6. Ask for advise from a bunch of people and then come up with a reason why EVERY.SINGLE.THING that has been suggested won't work! gah!
7. Change the radio station in YOUR car while you're driving
I'm sure there's more. Maybe this will be a two part series.
Monday, November 12, 2007
2. Get all of my crap out of Brian's so his mother doesn't find it.
3. Roll eyes at the fact that his mother is such a snoop that things aren't even safe in his bedroom
4. Shop for Thanksgiving food
5. Put on a happy face.
yeah. that's it.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Saturday, November 10, 2007
We had the most lovely day. I slept quite a bit while Brian worked and then we decided to go a see a movie. Michael Clayton. It was... good. Not great. Not awful. Just good.
More tomorrow but I'm fighting the clock and I have guests who are waiting on me. :)
Friday, November 09, 2007
I'm quite sad. 24 and LOST are two of the shows we're most looking forward to and now 1/2 of that equation is gone. I hope LOST doesn't suffer a similar fate.
Thursday, November 08, 2007
W's life hasn't always been sunshine and roses but if there were ever anyone who was going to make you believe in the power of love, it's her. When someone loses everything and then somehow has the strength to try again you have to admire them. I've never lost the way she has but I have learned from her that the only thing you can do is live through the pain of dealing with the bad stuff and then be ready to let the good into your life. It's there. The good is always there, waiting for us, hoping we'll notice it and Wendee is a shining example of what happens when we notice.
I love you WdJC. I don't get to see you and I don't get to talk to you as often as I would like but thank goodness for computers... the internet makes me feel like you're just across the street.
I hope you have the happiest of birthdays, middle name twin. *smooch*
All my love,
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
You Are An ENFP
You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends. You are also unconventional, irreverent, and unimpressed by authority and rules.
Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives. You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're quite the storyteller!
In love, you are quite the charmer. And you are definitely willing to risk your heart. You often don't follow through with your flirting or professed feelings. And you do break a lot of hearts.
At work, you are driven but not a workaholic. You just always seem to enjoy what you do. You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.
How you see yourself: compassionate, unselfish, and understanding
When other people don't get you, they see you as: gushy, emotional, and unfocused
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Me? Well, I kill plants. I've tried and tried and tried to keep them alive. I follow the instructions of people far wiser than myself about the care and feeding of plants only to fail in the end. I should throw in the towel. I was doing really well with an orchid I was given but that, too, is now dead.
The worst part about that dead orchid? I'm going to replace it so the given doesn't find out I killed it.
Now it's your turn. 'Fess up. What do you do?
Monday, November 05, 2007
I went to work. So that was something. I'd say I'm a bit better for having slept the weekend away. So to commemorate my wasteful weekend a top 5 list
Top 5 Things Better Than Sleeping
5. Shopping. I love to shop when I have money.
3. Taking a walk on the beach.
2. Going to the movies.
1. Spending quality time with Brian.
There ya go. :)
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Friday, November 02, 2007
Sadly, this is not how I feel. Why don't I feel this way? Well, for a few reasons. Last night I didn't get to watch Gray's. This made me sad and mad. Then in the middle of all this sadness and madness I noticed that my throat was hurting. That's not really a good sign when Brian has been sick for the last 2 weeks and it all started with a hurting throat. I passed out earlier than normal and was woken up by being smacked on the butt because I was snoring. I don't usually snore, at least not so loud that it would make Brian wake up and smack me on the butt or anywhere else. Snoring that loud is a sign that I'm congested. Hmmm, sore throat, achy body and congestion... guess what folks? I got myself a cold.
This is what sick time was invented for right? Well, yes but in my case I need to conserve the 10 remaining sick hours I have for when my head is in need of being chopped off from the pain in it. A cold, a fever, anything short of puking means nothing in the face of possibly not being able to go home and chop off my head when it's hurting.
I also have other plans today like a brazilion waxing. And going to some party with my friend Tracy and then catching up on TV with Brian and Tracy because that's what we do on Friday nights. After that? Well after that I plan to go home with the wonderful man who gave this cold to me and take lots of drugs and pass out.
Which really, is what I want to do RIGHT NOW. Skip all that other stuff and just go straight to the drugs and the passing out.
Is there an express route to that option?
Thursday, November 01, 2007
The Top 10 things I love about November:
1. Thanksgiving food. It's so bad for you but so tasty!
2. Having a 4 day weekend
3. Two of my favorite people have Nov. birthdays
4. The Redskins and the Cowboys always battle it out in Nov.
5. It starts getting cold at night. All the better for cuddling!
6. Good TV. I'm a fan of sweeps months :D
7. Oscar buzz movies!
8. Hot chocolate.
9. It's almost Christmas time!
10. If leaves are changing in CA now is when they start to happen. *love*
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Today though I wrote about a very unfunny topic but I felt compelled to discuss it anyway. It's a topic that has affected 2 people I know and I bet I have other friends who suffer from this and don't talk about it. Here is the bulk of my post over there.
The scary topic? Domestic Abuse. But not the kind you normally think of, this is about women abusing the men in their lives.
Some of you know that I'm a part time photographer. I've been the 2nd shooter at several weddings. Last September, I shot a wedding with my boyfriend. It was for one of his old high school friends. This October we found out he had filed for divorce. Why? Because his wife was verbally and physically abusing him. He honestly thought that marriage would make things better. That if he gave he what she wanted (a ring on her finger) that she would stop hitting him. She didn't. In fact, it got worse. Thank goodness he reached his breaking point quickly. I shudder to think what could have happened to him.
Why didn't he fight back? Well, I don't know. He's not a wimp. He's bigger than she is and he can hold his own. I can only guess that it was his gentle nature and his desire to make things work that made him take it. Many of the same reasons why women take it. The emotional manipulation that tends to go along with these situations can also make it difficult to fight back. If you're told for long enough that you are worthless you start to believe it.
I have another friend who's about to get married. He's marrying a women who has smacked him around in front of his friends. I can only imagine what she does when no one is watching. Telling him that she shouldn't be treating him that way hasn't helped. He makes excuses for her like so many battered partners do. I hope that he comes to his senses at some point because he's a nice guy. And even if he wasn't, no one should be anyone's punching bag.
I don't know why these women and so many like them beat their husbands and boyfriends. I'm glad I don't understand it. I never want to "get" why anyone would be so cruel to someone they "love". I know that one of the women in question drinks way too much and does drugs socially. The other woman I don't know as well, but based on what I've been told about her, a personality disorder might be the source of her issues. I hope these women can get help. I hope the men they abuse can find help, too. Sadly, most men don't get help because of the massive amount of shame that's associated with being beaten by your woman. What kind of real man lets that happen, right? Well I know two real men who have or continue to let that happen and it breaks my heart.
Shame and silence are the biggest problem for abused men. I don't know how many people will read this. I don't know if it will matter to anyone but me that I shared this issue. But if nothing else, I've broken the silence a tiny bit. I hope it helps.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
1. When I cry the tears always start in my left eye and they always start in the middle of my instead of the corner.
2. I was terrified of gnats when I was little.
3. I have driven across the country 3 times.
4. I hate avocados. Please do not serve them to me.
5. I will backspace over an entire sentence if I misspell a word.
6. I am far more sensitive than most people realize.
7. I hate crickets.
Monday, October 15, 2007
I thought you all might be interested to know that I'm going to do the November blogging challenge again. And I even bought this groovy little book to help me find new and interesting things to blog about. That's right, I'm going to blog something every single day in Nov. All of them.
Also for those who are interested I'm a contributor to another blog called: Tonight We Make Soap it's lots of fun and I'm enjoying being a part of it. Additionally, I'm doing a 365 blog. 365 blogs are most definitely the hot new thing but since I have to be difficult, I'm doing it with my cell phone camera. And I'm not doing 365 pictures of me. Cause, um, no. I am taking a picture everyday with my cell phone (or sometimes other people's cell phones) that documents my life in some form or fashion. So follow along if you're so inclined.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
- The Life Path 3 indicates that you entered this plane with a strong sense of creativity and with wonderful communication skills. Achievement for you most likely comes through engaging your ingenious expression. A truly gifted 3 possesses the most exceptional innovative skills, normally in the verbal realm, writing, speaking, acting, or similar endeavors. Here we are apt to find the entertainers of the world, bright, effervescent, sparkling people with very optimistic attitudes. The bright side of this path stresses harmony, beauty and pleasures; of sharing your inventive talents with the world. Capturing your capability in creative self-expression is the highest level of attainment for this life path.
Life is generally lived to the fullest, often without much worry about tomorrow. You are not very good at handling money because of a general lack of concern about it. You spend it when you have it and don't when you don't.
The 3 loves connecting with people. The characteristics of the 3 are warmth and friendliness, a good conversationalist, social and open. A good talker both from the standpoint of being a delight to listen to, but even more importantly, one who has the ability to listen to others. Accordingly, the life path 3 produces individuals who are always a welcome addition to any social situation and know how to make others feel at home. The approach to life tends to be exceedingly positive. Your disposition is almost surely sunny and openhearted. A happy and often inspired person, you are constantly seeking and needing the stimuli of similar people.
There is a remote side to your 3 Life Path, as well. This comes as a surprise to the native and to those who think they are well acquainted. The 3 is actually a very sensitive soul. When hurt, you can easily retreat to a shell of morose silence for extended periods. Nonetheless, the 3 eventually copes with all of the many setbacks that occur in life and readily bounces back for more. It is usually easy for you to deal with problems because you can freely admit the existence of problems without letting them get you down for too long. Because of your own sensitivity to hurt, you have a caring disposition and seem to be very conscious of other people's feelings and emotions.
In romance, the 3 is a very ardent and loyal lover. Affairs that don't go well can leave scares that seem to linger. Emotional experiences of all sorts tend to deeply touch the 3 and the drama may take some time to play out. Regrettably, the giving disposition of the 3 often attracts demanding partners. As with most of life's issues for the 3 Life Path, balance in relationships is illusive.
Your big test with a 3 Life Path is controlling your highs and lows. You won't survive very well in any routine environment or when you are placed under dominating management. Slow thinking and overly contemplative people tend to frustrate you, and you don't function too well with this type whether you are working for, with, or under them. Your exuberant nature can take you far, especially if you are ever able to focus your energies and talents.
For the few living on the negative side of this Life Path, a 3 may be so delighted with the joy of living that the life becomes frivolous and superficial. You may scatter your abilities and express little sense of purpose. The 3 can be an enigma, for no apparent reason you may become moody and tend to retreat. Escapist tendencies are not uncommon with the 3 life path, and you find it very hard to settle into one place or one position. Guard against being critical of others, impatient, intolerant, or overly optimistic.What's your life path number? Does it match the path your life has taken so far?
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
You are a Creator
- Your imagination, confidence, willingness to explore, and appreciation of beauty make you a CREATOR.
- You are independent, and you enjoy your self-sufficiency.
- Defying convention, you are very innovative, and you have a vivid imagination.
- The look of things is important to you, and you have a keen eye for aesthetic beauty in multiple arenas.
- You have a strong interest in what is new and exciting—and that includes forging ahead with new ideas, not simply discovering what is already out there.
- Your eagerness to seek new and varied experiences leads you into many different situations.
- You're not set on one way of doing things, and you are creative when it comes to finding novel solutions to complex problems.
- You trust yourself to be innovative and resourceful.
- Your confidence allows you to take your general awareness and channel it into creativity.
- You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
If you want to be different:
- Appreciate the earthly, practical elements of things—there is beauty in form as well.
- While you are good at thinking abstractly, focusing on details a bit more may help you discover things about the world.
You are Benevolent
- You are a great person to interact with—understanding, giving, and trusting—in a word, BENEVOLENT
- You don't mind being in social situations, as you feel comfortable enough with people to be yourself.
- Your caring nature goes beyond a basic concern: you take the time to understand the nuances of people's situations before passing any sort of judgment.
- You're a good listener, and even better at offering advice.
- You're concerned with others at both an individual and societal level—you sympathize with the plights of troubled groups, and you can care about people you've never met.
- Considering many different perspectives is something at which you excel, and you appreciate that quality in others.
- Other people's feelings are important to you, and you're good at mediating disputes.
- Because of your understanding and patience, you tend to bring out the best in people.
If you want to be different:
- You spend a lot of time taking care of others, but don't forget to take care of yourself!
- Sometimes you can get overcommitted, and when you sacrifice spending time with those close to you, it can make them feel unimportant.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
45 Things About Me
1. Are you taller than your mom? Yes. As are both my sisters. In fact, my sisters are also taller than me!
2. What color is your car? a light slivery blue (when it's clean)
3. What is the closest thing to you that is red? a red ruler
4. What is your ringtone? I have different ones for different people but the main one is "Good People" by Jack Johnson
5. Are you sick? Nope. I'm good.
6. Do you have a favorite pillow? Yes. Three of them actually and they are all squishy!
7. What is your favorite game? hmmm. Well if we're talking board games my newest favorite is Taboo. On my computer I like Cubis Gold. On my phone it's jewel quest. (I play the phone one the most)
8. Had a nap today? Nope. And I won't.
9. Gold or Silver? In most cases I would say silver. Or white gold. I don't like yellow gold.
10. Is there an animal that creeps you out? Insects and rodents and snakes. I don't really care for anything like that.
11. Who was the last person you rode an elevator with? Amanda and Brian
12. Did you go ice skating as a kid? Yes. Not often though...
13. Ever have stitches? Yep. I've had 2 surgeries and they both required being stitched back up. I've also had them in my mouth when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.
14. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Ginger Ale and cran-raspberry juice.
15. How long ago did you kiss someone? yesterday
16. What's something you want to do before you die? see as much of the world as I can.
17. Have you ever caught something on fire? Not accidentally
18. Have you ever seen a ghost? No.
19. Have you ever seen the northern lights? Yes.
20. Do you know how to use chop sticks? Yes!
21. Name something good that happened today. I got a new bookcase at work.
22. What room are you in? My office
23. Are you worried about something you can't control? Yes. But I try very hard to remind myself that my worry doesn't do anything positive for the situation and that all I'm doing is putting negative energy toward something that doesn't need negative energy.
24. Do you like to exercise? I feel good when I do it but I won't say I *like* to do it. All things being equal I'd like to have a perfect figure and be super healthy and energetic without having to exercise.
25. Ever been in a car wreck? Yes.
26. Are you wearing nailpolish? No. But I would like to go get a manicure. My nails are in desperate need of some TLC.
27. Favorite color? Right now I would say it's Pink.
28. Innie or Outie? Innie.
29. Ever been to Canada? No.
30. Sweet or Sour? sweet
31. Sun or Moon? I love a nice sunny day but I love a moonlit walk just as much.
32. What shoes did you wear today? Tennis shoes.
33. Favorite eye color of the opposite sex? Green. No question.
34. Most important quality in any relationship? I'm going to say honesty and kindness. The two much go hand in hand.
35. Favorite movie? Of all time? Shawshank Redemption and The Princess Bride. But really I have tons of moves I love and will watch over and over.
36. Time of day you were born? 11:25 am. I like to sleep in. ;)
37. Do you know your blood type? O+. Too bad getting more than one vile of blood from me is such a pain... I'd be a good donor.
38. What would you spend 5000 dollars on right now if you were handed it? a new camera (or two). A new lens for said camera (or two). Some software that I've been lusting after. And some new clothes and shoes. I also might go buy a Coach bag that I've been wanting but I'm not sure there would be enough. I'd also really want to put some of it into savings.
39. Name something you are grateful for! My friends.
40. Did you grow up in the city or country? I basically grew up in DC.
41. Would you ever consider going on a reality TV show if offered a large sum of money? Would I consider it? Of course. I don't know if I would *do* it. But I would absolutely consider it.
42. One of your dreams? To get married and have another baby (or two).
43. Hugs or kisses? Hugs. Although I'm a big fan of kissing, too. ;)
44. You have 10 dollars to spend in the dollar store. What do you get? Ummm , I haven't been in one in so long I don't know. probably coloring books and crayons. For me. Not for a kid. :D
Monday, June 04, 2007
I've often asked that very question... why isn't the world ever unfair in my favor? The answer of course is that it is quite unfair in my favor a lot of the time. Or at least I think that's the answer. It's certainly better than the alternative. ;)
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Lately though, I've been too busy living my life to want to take time to write it all out. That and living your life by committee can be tiring. I'm well aware that when I post something, someone can have a opinion they want to share. I don't have to do anything that anyone says but there are times that the knowledge of what someone else thinks is wearing. I guess I'm feeling the need to just do things on my own or at the very least be a little more discerning about the people I share with. This isn't a reflection on the people who do or don't read this blog, it's a reflection of me, which is what a blog should be. Right now, I want to be the only one looking at that reflection.
I may still post things in here from time to time. Funny thing I see or find or that other people lead me to but my daily life updates, my relationship trials or successes, my job, things like that... those things will be shared differently, more one on one. It's what works for me for now.
I hope people understand. If they don't, well, I guess they can blog about their issues with it if they want :) That's the beauty of this medium, we can each use it how we want, when we want.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Friday, March 30, 2007
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Friday, March 09, 2007
Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented & fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the Glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our light
shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
It was a wonderful moment. Special and personal and lasting.
My daughter is blessed to have two Lorelei Gilmores of her own. She has my friend Kendra who's forgotten more things about me than most people will ever know. She's been one of my verybestfriends for over 20 years. And she was there from the beginning. Amanda loves her and trusts her and confides in her.
And she has NakedJen. Now Jennifer hasn't known us as long, but I daresay she knows us as well, and in some ways, even better. She is the older sister I always wanted. The wise one. The one who lets me know it's ok not to have all the answers, all the time, because together, we will figure it out. She lets me know when I'm wrong and she holds my hand when it falls apart. She tells Amanda the straight facts and lets her know that anything and everything she tells her is perfectly ok and even if it's not, they will make it perfect. And Amanda loves her, and trusts her and confides in her, too.
What a blessed girl. Every girl should have a Lorelei. That women who lets you tell her things that your mother would yell about. She helps you go and tell the truth to that yelling mom when you're too scared to go on your own. And she loves you. All the time. No matter what.
I'm not surprised that one of the biggest things these women have in common is being doulas. They both love and respect and cherish every chance they get to help and new life enter the world.
And best of all, they both love Amanda.
And me. I'm a pretty blessed girl myself.
Thank you both. For everything you've done and for everything I'm sure that's to come.
I love you.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.
Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?"
And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.
And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.
So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.
God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.
God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."
God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.
Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.
God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good."
And Man went into cardiac arrest.
God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.
Then Satan created HMOs.
Friday, February 09, 2007
My kid is happy and doing well in school.
I'm working and at the same time looking for new jobs.
Brian and I are doing our thing (whatever that is) and it's working just fine for now.
I pay my bills.
I put gas in my car.
I go to the movies.
I read blogs.
I give advice.
I'm learning how to not suck so bad at Mario Kart 64.
That's about it.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
And very little else.The Universe
Such good advice. Really. I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family who make me so happy :)
(Notes from the Universe)
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Monday, January 29, 2007
Thursday, January 25, 2007
I'm trying so hard to move forward. And for the most part I do pretty well. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about him but I can get through the thought without feeling horrible anymore. I just can't help but wonder what life could have been like. I realize that there are those that would tell me that life is exactly as it should be and that my baby just wasn't meant to be. I don't believe that. I believe he was. Maybe he wasn't anyone that would be counted on a censes but he was someone to me.
I'm painfully tired and more ready to sleep than I have been in a long time but I'll power through until 5:00 and then go home and let blissful sleep take over for a while. Because sometimes, your mind and your heart and your body just need a break.
Friday, January 19, 2007
I'll spare the boring (and somewhat disgusting) details and leave at this, we're healthy again. Thank goodness.
I hope all of you are healthy, too.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
At 5 I left my office in tears, mostly out of frustration and exhaustion, I wanted to go home a sleep for a month but I had to get to the dr's for my adjustment. Off I went, trying not to let the tears get in the way of driving.
Dr. English worked his magic and I felt so much better. Physically and emotionally. I decided to go get yarn since I was near Michaels in Goleta. Got what I needed plus a really cute yarn that screamed "Make me into a scarf for Wendee!" so who was I to argue? After that, I decided I wanted to get my brows waxed. I wanted to do something nice for me and that seemed perfect. Off I went to the brow place that's open late and got that done. Walked next door to the salon that was still open and got a much needed haircut. love it. She even flat ironed my hair and it looks awesome! Then I popped over to Sephora and got a sample of the Philosophy micro peel and went home and gave myself a facial. heaven! I felt like a new woman.
Today, I am well rested, with pretty hair and soft skin. Happy happy day!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
darkness is falling all over the house.
I am so tired I want to cry. Actually, I have cried. I want to sob. And I want a hug. And I want to be held in someone's arms and fall asleep.
It's time to sleep little deer, little deer
the very last kiss is almost here.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Plus, I've been working on a wedding. And that takes TIME. lol
love to all of you!